Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Fingerprints and mugshots

At least that's what it felt like. We got ourselves fingerprinted and they had to take our picture with it too, I felt like a criminal. Not the most fun way to spend an hour. We both had ink all over our hands, it was so gross but at least it's done. We've sent the paperwork off to Ottawa to get our clearance. Apparently that will take 6-8 weeks so that's why I wanted to get this done quickly.

One more week til the adoption practitioner gets here. I'm starting to get very nervous, I really don't know what to expect. I hope it's not too painful.

This past weekend we told my cousins that we are planning on adopting from China. I then told my cousin's 5 year old daughter, Yasmine, that we are going to go away to a country far away and come back with a new cousin for her. Yasmine's response, "Who?". I told her I didn't know that yet. I thought it was cute.

I'm also thinking of starting a 100 Good Wishes Quilt. It's a Chinese custom and I think it would be nice to have for when baby gets here. It'll be nice for her to have growing up as well knowing all these people were anxiously awaiting her arrival.

No comments: