Wednesday, July 12, 2006

More comments

I just wanted to reiterate what I wrote in a previous post, while I thank everyone for all their support and for listening to me about our progress (or lack there of), please STOP mentioning how we are going to get preagnant. I heard it on the weekend and again today. I was told on the weekend that as soon as we adopt that we will get pregnant "because it always happens" and today I was told this should be about the time that I get pregnant. Let me give some stats for everyone to read. Of the couples that adopt because of infertility, only 5% go on to conceive WITHOUT medical intervention. That means 95% don't go on to conceive without help. So once again, I ask, PLEASE stop mentioning how we will get pregnant after or something to that effect. Adoption is not a cure for infertility.

1 comment:

Sugar Cookies And Hope said...

Cheers to you on behalf of all of us who are hearing the same thing about getting pregnant while waiting to bring our baby home from China!! We are sick and tired of it as well and wish everyone would stop this inane chatter. I had a friend who went as far as saying that we will probably get pregnant while we are IN China! (*insert me slapping my own forehead here*)
After 6 years of infertility, a trip to China was all it took?? Wow, and here we were wasting our time with IVF! ARG!!!