Saturday, November 25, 2006

There are days

These past couple days have been a bit rough. For one thing, my left ear has been all clogged up, like I have cotton shoved in there and yesterday I started to feel a lot of pain. I went to the doctors and he said that there's no infection but because I've been recovering from a cold and my sinuses are clogged and that whole are is connected, it's moved into my ear. He said to just take Sinutab to relieve the pressure. Hasn't helped yet so I might be going back to the doctors office. As a kid I got all kinds of ear infections and they seem to be making a comeback now as an adult. I had another one back in April, I got drops for those and it went away in a couple of days.

I've also had to deal with people who don't listen. I contacted the branch where my mom use to bank. They were suppose to send me a draft to cover the funeral expenses and I haven't received it yet. I called them to find out where we were in the process. I spoke to two people and neither one of them knew what I was talking about. They kept asking me if I was bringing a draft in, could I wait until I got the death certificate for payment (right now in Ontario they're taking 6 months to process these documents), they were going to pay the funeral home, etc. I got so frustrated with them I told the last guy that I was going to come in person to straighten all this out. When I got there, they had the draft ready, made payable to me. I didn't get what was so difficult about the whole situation. They had all the paperwork there, my sister had gone in to take care of it so I wouldn't have to take a day off of work.

When I went to the doctor's clinic it was the same one my mom use to go to. Shawn spoke to the receptionist and he told her that if my mom had any outstanding appointments to cancel them because she's recently deceased. The receptionist then proceeded to explain to Shawn that they only have one family doctor and he wasn't accepting new patients. Shawn then told her that she was deceased and he wanted to cancel her appointments, she kept on the same track that she would just have to come in to see the doctor. She finally got it when he said that she died.

I don't understand why people don't listen the first or second time you tell them something. It's really not that difficult to listen if you stop what you're doing and pay attention to the person. I can see that this is not going to be fun trying to get my mom's estate in order, especially since she had assets overseas and they're even more frustrating to deal with than the agencies here. Lord grant me patience.


Janet said...

I'm sorry that you've been having a rough time. Maybe the nurse at the doctor's office didn't know what "deceased" meant? I know what you mean about people listening. It's like they're wearing headphones or something. It's one of my biggest pet peeves!

Lisa said...

I'm so sorry that you've been having a rough time with people who just don't pay attention. I know it can be very frustrating. Hang in there kido. We're always here to lend an ear.

Doris & Dan Clark said...

Sorry to hear about that. It is a pain. Keep at it and I am sure you will find a helpful soul.

Feel better soon!

Keep smilin!