Monday, January 22, 2007

Catching up

Ok, I'm not a loser. I know my last post went up twice, I have NO idea what happened there, cuz I only pressed the button once. Oh well, technology is great when it works.

This past weekend was so busy. Starting Friday, at work, we had goodbye festivities for my co-worker and friend Nadia. We worked together for 3 years and now Nadia is off to bigger and better things with a new organization. While I'll miss Nadia, I do wish her all the best in her new job. We went out for lunch downtown and then cake back at the office.



Before Nadia left, she gave me a piece for the quilt and the most beautiful wish, it started like this: "May you always feel the presence of your guardian angel, your grandmother, who loved you long before you met your parents." Needless to say I got very emotional. Thank you very much Nadia, you're the best!



We then went to babysit Lucas while Isabel went off to on her conference. I love spending time with that little guy, he entertains me so much. Of course the fact that he idolizes both Shawn and I doesn't hurt.

When we got home Friday, in the mail was a package from Crystal. We were suppose to meet back in December but she got ill and couldn't make it. Crystal had bought an adorable book for the baby. She mailed it to us and we received it on Friday. Thank you so much, it's beautiful.



Saturday involved more babysitting and Shawn's Christmas party (I'm going to say they were being pre-emptive for this year). Sunday involved more babysitting and then Philip's 3rd birthday. Philip is Shawn's cousin's little guy. Today is actually Philip's birthday so happy birthday little man!

Today we had an impromptu dinner with Mark and Michelle. We were suppose to attend a function hosted by Children's Bridge but that event was cancelled due to low registration. So we made an evening of it instead. Like usual, it was a blast!

Needless to say, Shawn and I are both very tired and need a weekend from our weekend.

6 comments:

M and M said...

What a lovely wish from your friend!

You certainly WERE busy this weekend!

I enjoyed our dinner tonight - as I always do when we get together.

I hope you get some 'downtime'

Anonymous said...

You are certainly movers and shakers!! How far in advance did you know about the cancellation?

Anonymous said...

Tee hee. A weekend from your weekend. I like that.....

Janet T.

4D said...

Sounds like a lot of fun and a busy one.

Take it easy this week.

Keep smilin!

D & S said...

Kathy, we found out the day of. I emailed them to see if we could register then I saw the email that it was cancelled. So not much notice at all.

Anonymous said...

That sounds like a lot of our weekends - always going somewhere! Sometimes I just want one weekend where there's nothing going on (but then I'd just complain I'm bored!)

Take it easy this week!