Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Destruction and Injuries

Our powder room is no more. We've removed the vanity, mirror, toilet, towel holder and the file floor. Destruction is fun. I like taking things out and smashing it to bits. I took my hammer and smashed the tile floor to bits. The fun part was trying to keep Jazz away from the shards of tile, she likes to get involved with our projects. My cousin Johnny and his family came over as well to help us with the demolition. As he was helping Shawn take the pieces of the old floor into the garage he suffered a head injury. It's not as bad as it sounds. He didn't fall, nothing fell on his head, my cousin ran into our patio table leg which is hanging in the garage. Here's his war injury. As you can see it's not that bad, but talking to Johnny would make you think that a piece of concrete fell on him.

5 comments:

M and M said...

I hope your cousin is o.k....

You are going to have to show "during" pictures of the bathroom!

Lisa said...

Ouch that looks nasty. Just think perhaps this time next year you'll be able to offer him a Hello Kitty or a Dora Band-Aid.

Can't wait to see the progress on your reno.

Lisa

Tracey and Mike said...

I love renos! I think our house is perpetually in a state of renovation (and has been for the last 6 years!)
Hope your cousin doesn't sue!

4D said...

Ouch! Does he qualify for workers compensation? tee hee!

Hope it heals quickly.

Keep smilin!

Anonymous said...

taking down rooms is fun. hitting Shawn, not so fun.