Monday, January 15, 2007

The quilt pieces are flying in

Literally, they are.

I am truly amazed at how the timing is always bang on when I get these pieces. We've been pretty lucky this winter, but today, we got our first blast. It's been cold, snowy and worst of all icy. Nothing is worse than ice on the sidewalks and roads, makes for a very treacherous commute. Well, I got home and wouldn't you know it, I got two more pieces for the quilt from my October 2006 DTC group.

This piece is from Lisa and Craig in Ohio, it has little ladybugs and little white flowers on it. It's very cute!

This piece is from Mary Beth and Joost all the way in Holland! This is our first cross Atlantic piece. It has a windmill, tulips, a little Dutch boy and girl and a little cow. Very sweet.

Yesterday we also received two more pieces from Shawn's friends and their daughter. It's Strawberry Shortcake, talk about a blast from the past! The pink one is from Tara and the green one is from Khal and Sarah.

Thank you so much! We love all the pieces, they will make a beautiful addition to the quilt.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG! I used to have Strawberry Shortcake bedsheets and dolls and wallpaper and clothes. I loved her!
Nice Squishes, by the way!

M and M said...

4 squares in one day!! That is a good haul!!

I have an inkling that you will get more this week!!

M

Lisa said...

Another Lisa and Craig? How cool. I love all the fabrics you've been getting. I'm looking for some fabric that I can send you.

Anonymous said...

Hi Dolores & Shawn, Thanks for posting that you received our sqwish, isn't this a fun project?
Love your blogsite.
Mary Beth in A'dam

Anonymous said...

I also loved Strawberry Shortcake! I can't wait to start receiving my squares. This whole project has been a lot of fun!

Jill and Jaap said...

Love all of them!