Saturday, January 13, 2007

An Unexpected Afternoon

Today it was late morning when my phone rang and on the other end was Lisa. She and her family were in the area and wanted to know if Shawn and I could make it for lunch. I was still in my PJ's (yes I'm a weekend lounger and would stay in my pj's all day if I could) so I had to go shower quickly and make sure that Shawn was ready to go too.

We made our way to East Side Mario's which isn't too far away from us. I have to admit, Kaileigh is the cutest little girl! So friendly and playful, I had a great time playing, I mean, having serious discussions with her. Meeting Craig was a blast too, both he and Shawn have a lot in common as they both work in the IT field. They even have a friend in common and they didn't know it. How funny is that? Before we knew it, it was four o'clock and once again our server came to "remind" us that her shift was over.

Thank you guys for such a great afternoon! You can call us anytime!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fun stuff!!! Glad you had such a great time with Lisa and her great family.

M and M said...

That was a nice impromptu surprise!!

Glad you enjoyed your day.

Anonymous said...

Small world. Looks like Craig and Shawn have a red thread!

Lisa said...

Thanks again Dolores and Shawn for meeting us for lunch. We too had a blast. I couldn't believe that we sat there for almost 4 hours though. Kaileigh wants to know if you're available every Sat. for lunch now. I hope she's buying though. LOL

Jill and Jaap said...

Always nice to have a surprise like that!