Sunday, July 01, 2007

O Canada!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I hope everyone had a very happy and healthy Canada Day! Enjoy the BBQ's, fireworks and good times.

How do you know you're Canadian?

  • You know all the words to "If I had a million dollars" by The Barenaked Ladies, including the inter-stanza banter between Steven and Ed.
  • You remember when Alanis Morrissette was "Too Hot To Hold".
  • You wonder why there isn't a 5 dollar coin, as you can only use more change.

  • You cried when Gus "drowned" on Road To Avonlea.

  • You watch MuchMusic constantly, in the hopes of occasional fleeting glimpses of The Tragically Hip.

  • You have an Inuit carving by your bedside with the rationale, "what's good enough protection for the Prime Minister, is good enough for me!"

  • You have memorized the Heritage Foundation's Heritage Moments, including your favourites, "Burnt Toast!", "You know I canna read a word...", and "Kanata".

  • You can sing "O' Canada" in French and actually know what the words mean!

  • You send angry letters to the CBC demanding the return of the Hinterland Who's Who spots so you can finally find out what happens to the arctic ptarmigan in winter.

  • You participate in Participaction!

  • You think Great Big Sea isn't Maritime-centric enough.

  • Your backpack has more than one Canadian flag iron-on.

  • You know the names of all the guys in Sloan.

  • You have been on Speaker's Corner. Bonus points if The Devil's Advocates made fun of you.

  • You use a red pen on your non-Canadian textbooks and fill in the missing 'u's from labor, honor, and color.

  • You know the French equivalents of "free," "prize" and "no sugar added," thanks to your extensive education in bilingual cereal packaging.

  • You remember "Jodie" from Today's Special and wonder why you keep seeing her reading news on the CBC.

  • You can do the hand actions to Sharon, Lois and Bram's "Skin-a-marinki-dinki-do."

  • You can eat more than one maple sugar candy without feeling nauseous.

  • You had a crush on Joey Jeremiah from Degrassi Junior High.

  • You are excited whenever an American television show mentions Canada. You make a mental note to talk about it at work the next day.

  • You think -10 C (14F) is mild weather.

  • You have twins named Wayne and Gretzky (alternatively Gordie and Howe).

  • Elvis lives!

  • You read rather than scanned this list.

Happy Canada Day everyone!

16 comments:

Deb said...

All true except for the Joey Jeremiah one..LOL
Happy Canada Day to you too!

Polar Bear said...

Happy Canada Day!

I thought we had more similarities, but you have stumped me NUMEROUS times with this list. :)

Enjoy the holiday!

Lisa said...

I laughed until I cried. Mainly because it's all true!

Happy Canada day Dolores and Shawn.

(((Hugs)))

Lisa

Roy and Lori said...

Happy Canada Day! Enjoy the BBQ!

Calico Sky said...

Oh sweetie, you reminded me how much I miss home....

I had no clue you were another Road to Avonlea fan....still mourning it's finishing!

Calico Sky said...

p.s. I love JOEY!!!

Anonymous said...

Happy Canada Day to the two of you also!!!!!

Great list...lol

Gracie said...

No i didnt! Very interesting

C's Mom said...

Happy Canada Day!

Fun list too ;0)

Catherine said...

If I had a million dollars...I'd be rich!

What a great list Dolores! So many fun things to think about.

Happy Canada Day friend! It was so good to see you last night and meet Shawn too.

Gotta run...need to write a cheque before I go to bed. :o)

Tracey and Mike said...

...I loves me some Hip!
Happy Canada Day!!

Middle-Aged Moi said...

NOw, waaaait just a minute. GUS drowned on ROad to Avonlea? He DROWNED? WHen did that happen? I thought Felicity married him? I must have missed some episodes.....:-)

4D said...

Too funny and too true!

It was really great to meet you both! I look forward to seeing you two again.

Keep smilin!

M and M said...

What a great list!

Although, I have NEVER been a Hip fan - ever!

Anthony & Crystal said...

Happy Canada Day!!

Hope you had a wonderful long weekend!

Thumbelina's Mom said...

Bwahahahaha! I was just singing the Skin-a-ma-rink song yesterday!