Sunday, November 11, 2007

Lest We Forget

It is the VETERAN , not the preacher, who has given us freedom of religion.

It is the VETERAN , not the reporter, who has given us freedom of the press.

It is the VETERAN , not the poet, who has given us freedom of speech.

It is the VETERAN , not the campus organizer, who has given us freedom to assemble.

It is the VETERAN , not the lawyer, who has given us the right to a fair trial.

It is the VETERAN , not the politician, Who has given us the right to vote.

May a perpetual light shine upon our veterans.


9 comments:

Diane said...

Very nice tribute. You have veterans in your family??

kerri said...

May our children's , children never forget....

i-Con said...

Remembering

Lisa said...

Beautiful post.

Doris & Dan said...

We must always remember.

Keep smilin!

redmaryjanes said...

Amen. Wonderful post.

kris said...

An amen from me too. Great post.

Sorry I haven't utilized your address the way I'd intended. I'm recovering from surgery at the moment- but I'll be in touch.

I think of you so often.

Steffie B. said...

Amen......

A Special Family said...

Well said!
Who is singing?