Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Jazz is sick

Jazz is sick, really sick. She's been throwing up clear liquid and Shawn took her to the vet. They took some blood but they didn't give us very much hope. At this point we don't even know what exactly is wrong with her. She's throwing up because she can't keep her liquids down. Jazz may be anemic too even though she does eat a bit, but not much. We have to give her an IV to make sure she's getting enough liquids, but not too much in case she does have anemia, that would make it worse. We'll know for sure tomorrow what course of action we need to take.

I couldn't stop crying when Shawn called me. Shawn was so upset he couldn't even choke out the words to tell me what the vet said. Jazz has been a part of my life for almost 14 years, that's longer than I've known Shawn. She's more than a pet, she's a part of our lives, a member of our family, a constant companion. I don't want anything to happen to her but I don't want her to suffer either. There's not much we can do tonight. So we'll just try to keep her happy and stay close and comfort Jazz as best as we can.

10 comments:

Rhonda said...

I'm so very sorry...

Cari said...

Sweetie - I'm so sorry. It sounds very much like what my cat Tyler went through. I had her for 16 years, and losing her was horrible. But, like you said, I didn't want her to suffer, and was at peace with my decision to let her go. I hope that Jazz's health turns around.

C

Juliette said...

I am so sorry.
I hope tomorrow will bring more answers. Whatever happens I am sure you'll take the best decision for her. Hugs to you.

4D said...

I am so sad to hear that Jazz is not doing well. She is just such a sweetie kittie. Hugs

Keep smilin!

Kayce said...

Dolores...I'm thinking of you and keeping Jazz in my prayers. I know just where you are at. I've got tears streaming down my face....

Kristine said...

I am sooooo sorry to read this about your precious kitty - I had Cam for 20 years but it is never ever ever long enough... I would say to give her tons of love and cuddles but it sounds like you are. Tons of hugs for you both too...

Middle-Aged Moi said...

I'm so sorry, Dolores. I will pray for your aching hearts.....

Anonymous said...

i WILL think good thoughts of Jazz today. I wish you peace

Lisa said...

Dolores and Shawn I'm sooo sorry that Jazz isn't well. I'll be keeping you all in my thoughts and sending good thoughts and vibes your way.

(((hugs)))

kitchu said...

Oh man I am so sorry. Thinking of you guys, please keep us posted.