Thursday, September 04, 2008

Renewing the Pledge

Many, many moons ago, I made this pledge. I was doing really well and then my mom passed away and I lost interest in everything. I've tried several times to get the mojo back but nothing seemed to get me going again the way I did before. Needless to say, the pounds have been packing on. As a result, my energy level is in the toilet, my clothes are getting tighter and tighter and this is not good.

A couple of weeks ago, Shawn and I went to our local community centre and signed up for a membership. Not only that, we hired a trainer as well. We've been meeting with her for the past couple of weeks. She is kicking our butts and we haven't felt better! Our trainer has given us a a routine we are to do that includes cardio and weights. I now know that I don't really like weights but I love the cardio. I am absolutely exhausted when I get home but like I said I haven't felt this good in a long time.

I am determined to loose weight, get in shape and increase my energy level before we become parents. I want to make sure we are healthy and strong so we can be the best parents possible. I also want to set a good example to our child and live the healthiest lifestyle we possibly can. My personal goal, at least 40 pounds. We'll see how it goes.

10 comments:

MotherMotherOcean said...

Sounds good. I am envious of your time.

3D said...

Good for you! I too am vowing to get back on the treadmill and start working out.

Keep smilin!

Catherine said...

Way to go! Cheering you on!!

Janet said...

Good for you! I wish you all the best!!!!!!!!!!

Michelle said...

Sounds great! Can you send some of that Mojo my way, because I simply cannot seem to get motivated(we have a gym membership-we never use it).

Kayce said...

I've been trying to get back into the gym lately and now you've just put a spark in my brain! Good for both of you guys!!

Lisa said...

Good for you guys!!! Kaileigh is in middle school now with a start time of 8:30. YUCK! It's also a good 20 minute walk there and 20 - 25 minutes back.

You and Shawn are already awesome parents.

Mamacita said...

Rock on! That's great! You'll need any extra energy you can find!

Mary Beth in A'dam said...

Hi Dolores! Long time! I too struggle with the #s - I am about 10# MORE than 20 years ago when I was 9 mos PREGNANT with me bio daughter. SO frustrating. I have spent THOUSANDS on special diet centers, etc. Now just hired a local nutritionist - the irony, my undergraduate college degree was in nutrition! I want to blame it on heredity - but know I just gotta take some responsibility. Know that there are many of us out her who feel your pain. Still, one of these days we WILL do it!!

PIPO said...

I head ya!

I'm setting goals too and we CAN do it! We've got great motivators to be healthy.