Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Back at home

We're back home now, a day later than we expected to be. We were suppose to leave Isabel's place yesterday (which was Monday). Just as I was asking Shawn when he wanted to leave, he told me he wasn't feeling well, his stomach was upset. I told him to go lie down for a while and I brought him some Tums as well. Isabel looked at him and said he looked really pale. After a while Shawn came back upstairs and I asked him how he felt and he said that he had gotten sick. He came to the table and the food on the table was upsetting his stomach so he went to the bathroom again and got sick again twice. Isabel then went into high gear (my little sister is a doctor so when she sees someone is hurt or sick her doctor training goes into effect) and promplty diagnosed Shawn with the flu. Shawn then started shivering, so we took his temperature and sure enough he had a fever. I've never seen him this sick before, it was really scary. While all this is going on, we were also trying to keep Lucas away so he wouldn't catch it but he wanted to be with his Uncle Shawn and wasn't happy when we carried him away.

Isabel went to the store and bought some Gravol to get the throwing up under control and then gave Shawn both Advil and Tylenol to lower the fever. By about 6 pm he was almost back to normal. Today Shawn was up and back to normal. Phewww!

Thanks Isabel for diagnosing Shawn and helping me take care of him, I don't know what I would've done without you there.

4 comments:

Sugar Cookies And Hope said...

That is certainly no fun and I hope that Shawn is feeling better by the moment. I hate the way the flu sneaks up on us in this way. Last spring I woke up ready to face another day with my class, but when I got up from the bed, it felt as though someone had hit my in the stomach with a sledgehammer. As a teacher, I can't just call in sick, so I had to try to drive myself to school (garbage bag in hand) and plan my day so that a supply could take over. I'll never forget trying to write a plan while hurling into my garbage bag. No fun, man!

M and M said...

Poor Shawn - I am glad that he is doing better. Still doesn't make for a nice 5 hour drive home!! I know when I am sick I just want to be in my own home and my own bed!!

The flu sucks!!!

And Kathy - poor thing - can't say I have ever had to vomit in a bag...

4D said...

Poor guy! Hope he is all better and up and running. It does hit you quick and the damage is bad.

Keep smilin!

Lisa said...

Don't you just hate flu season? There's nothing worse than being sick with the flu when it's been so nice outside as well. Hope he's on the mend.