Thursday, June 14, 2007

Happy Friday!

At least it is for me. I decided the best way to avoid a bad day at work and end my two week streak of bad days, is not go so I took tomorrow off so today is my Friday.

Earlier this week my PC went crazy on me. It kept saying a file was missing and needed to be rebooted with the disc. So I called my own personal Geek Squad aka, Shawn. He took one look at it and said, "Uh oh". That does not sound good to me, the layperson. Basically, my laptop was on the verge of dying. It was touch and go for a while, we weren't sure if Shawn was going to be able to save it. In the end Dr. Shawn was able to resuscitate the laptop but all my data was gone. Everything, all my documents, pictures, music. Pictures wasn't too much of an issue since we have all that backed up on a separate hard disc drive. As for documents, well, nothing too important, only things like our wills, my resume etc. Nothing that really important. I think I need a new laptop.

Mental note to self: Your computer sucks, back up everything!

15 comments:

Sugar Cookies And Hope said...

Lucky girl!! I keep saying that I am going to take a day off, but I NEVER do. Sigh...I need a day off...I crave a day off, but my kidlets at school hate supply teachers.
As for your computer issues, may I humbly make a recommendation?

M and M said...

That soooo sucks!! I hope everything is replaceable that you lost!

ENJOY your day off!! EVERYONE (KATHY) deserves them here and there! You have to spend the day rebuilding the info on your comptuer anyway!!

Lisa said...

Hey Dolores I'm going to call you tomorrow cuz I'm taking the day off too!! I have a massage appointment in the morning and then maybe we could do lunch.

Sorry about your computer.

Middle-Aged Moi said...

Yes! Back up is SO important! Sorry you lost all your data!!!!

redmaryjanes said...

I love your philosophy of taking Friday off to ensure that it will be a great one!
I never back up my computer which is totally not smart. I read over and over about the problems you can have but I still never get off my butt and do it.
I hope you get a fab new computer!

Polar Bear said...

ENJOY your Friday! Sounds like the perfect way to end the cycle of bad work days!

Sorry to hear the computer is on its last legs. Are you going to be doing some computer shopping today? :)

Elizabeth said...

I need a new laptop too.
The one Kathy suggested made my mouth water....I need to justify buying one though...

Anonymous said...

Stay in your pjs and dont even shower.

Shandra said...

Hope you enjoyed your jump start to the weekend.

Tracey and Mike said...

A great excuse to go shopping!

4D said...

That is suckity! Let me know what you buy as we are looking for a laptop too.

Kathy is very convincing...hmmm

Keep smilin!

Don and Be said...

OK - computer faux pas time - I just retired and downloaded the pics from my retirement party onto my hard drive to free up space on my camera's memory card - except the drop and drag malfunctioned and it was not until I had erased the card that I discovered the blunder - oy! Computers!

We are also in the China Adoption Waiting Room and appreciate your hearts for adoption.

Don & Be

kitchu said...

You have posted my worst nightmare! Time to start backing up my photos!!

Jill and Jaap said...

We always back up...had an experience...

Calico Sky said...

that's a good mental note!!
hope you get everything back!