Friday, August 29, 2008

Comments

For someone who doesn't look for controversy it sure does seem to find me. It looks like one of my "Why's" in my last post touched a nerve. I feel that I need to explain some things.

Those of you who know Shawn and I know we're pretty laid back and easy going. We generally try not to let things bother us (Shawn is more successful at this than I am). Since we received our LID, we have contacted our agency twice. Both those times we were civil and calm. I would never, EVER call someone to scream, yell or curse at them. My mother raised me better than that. Also, I have worked in some sort of customer service role pretty much all my life. I would never treat someone in a manner that I wouldn't appreciate myself.

When we signed up for this program 2.5 years ago, we were relying on the experts to give us a realistic timeline. They didn't know things would get this bad...maybe. But I now must ask, since it was brought up that this is a "business" (not my words), what is being done to help PAPs? I'm not talking about a gathering every couple of months where PAPs get together and complain about the wait, I can do that with my friends anytime. I'm talking about giving PAP's real options, like switching programs without losing all the money they've invested, like petitioning the government to allow concurrent adoptions, like providing real networks for those who are waiting and don't know where to find others. In any other business, this would be the case. That's how things work in the real world.

As for the comment that that it's unfortunate for us that we got stuck in the middle of increasing timelines, this I have a big issue with. Losing your umbrella in the middle of a downpour is unfortunate. A flat tire when you're running late is unfortunate, this waiting is not unfortunate, it's nothing short of the most hellish nightmare you can imagine.

This is the first and last time I will discuss this on my blog. I may take this post down, I haven't decided yet. Please don't send me an email with any negativity, I really don't need it right now. We had a bit of a health scare earlier this week, the same day I came across the comments in question (no need to worry, everything is okay). I will have days when I feel down and I will be mad. I will rant and I will rave because that's all I can do. And that's what this blog is for.